Senior Camera Web/Django Software Engineer
Join our team of talented engineers and business professionals.
About the companyIgnite Prism’s mission is as challenging as it is exciting. We’re redefining how physical space is experienced online. We extract data from existing video infrastructure as well as opt-in behavior data via mobile applications through geo-fences and Bluetooth beacons to enable brick-and-mortar businesses to be successful in an increasingly digital world. Our diverse team all share a deep commitment to exploring creative ways to collect, analyze and visualize one of the most interesting sources of information on the planet. Visit igniteprism.com for more information.
About the projectAt Ignite Prism we are looking for business, creative and engineering minds who are passionate about their work skills. We’re entrepreneurs and innovators. We’re small and wear many hats. We specialize in Business Intelligence (“BI”) for retailers, restaurants and large venues. Our customers are industry leaders in computers, gadgets, apparel and jewelry. We’re headquartered in San Francisco with a satellite office in San Diego and we’ve created a fun, flexible work environment. Ignite Prism employees get competitive salaries and get to work on the sales and development of cutting edge business intelligence and mobile customer engagement tools.
Our platform extracts a variety of data points from cameras to make it available in the cloud as actionable BI dashboards. Ignite Prism provides in-depth analytics to measure visitor count and visit duration along with beautiful visual paths and heat maps. In addition we are expanding our solution for enhanced location-based and behavioral analytics via our mobile app focused customer engagement tool, which includes mobile offers, video content and surveys.
We are looking for brilliant developers to join our team of talented engineers and business professionals who are exploring innovative ways to derive even more value out of networked video cameras. Help to design and build revolutionary new products that leverage the latest breakthroughs in computer vision. Help extend our platform by employing state of the art computer vision algorithms and machine learning to derive useful information across multiple camera deployments visualized by beautiful reports, diagrams, path maps and heat maps. Help solve our cloud scaling challenges by going beyond cloud providers’ standard capabilities.
- Design Web UI user experience and actually implement with JS/Node and web services. Leverage existing concepts and go beyond them in order to achieve the best user experience
- Design and develop both private and public REST APIs and GraphQL APIs
- Take ownership of significant pieces of Ignite Prism’s Python-based web platform
- Grow and extend architecture in order to provide scalability of the cloud platform to new horizons
- Help implement features that would remove friction in deployment, usage and maintenance of our product and provide smooth business growing beyond current scale
- Work with Product and Engineering to define, design, and deliver on new features
- Iterate fast in development-test cycle, optimize your own and team productivity
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Basic front-end web development skills (JS, NodeJS, NVM, HTML, CSS, AJAX, Selenium)
- Deep experience both integrating with, and developing, REST API’s
- GraphQL experience is a plus
- Python, the standard library, and Django or experience with similar framework
- Knowledge of SQL-based databases, both design and efficient querying
- *NIX development (preferably debian/ubuntu) using git
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
Get started in minutes
Use the cameras you already have
Become an Ignite Prism Partner
Revolutionizing the world of video together
Send us a note!
Fields with * are required.
Thanks for reaching out!
We'll be in contact with you shortly.